Monday, January 12, 2015

Terror and the Tarot

After yet another horrific act of terrorism
last week, I am left drained.  I can only imagine the grief of the families.  The Mothers of the journalists who were beheaded also comes to mind and it just makes me sick.

Usually when something is bothering me I grab my Tarot cards ask a question and get some advice.  It always makes me feel better.  Not this time.  I picked up my cards and started shuffling the deck.  I couldn't think of a question or how to phrase it.  I was not sure I even wanted to know what might come up.  I kept shuffling and thinking.  Then the five of cups fell out of the deck.  I just stared at it sitting on the floor.

The five of cups is grief, sadness, regret.  It feels like all is lost.  This is what happens when we do not heed the advice of the four of cups.  Hopefully we will move on the the 6 of cups when we don't care what others think of us, we have no fear and move forward.

Bernard Holtrop, a Cartoonist with Charlie Hebdo who survived because he does not like editorial meetings and was not there, was quoted as saying "We have a lot of new friends like the Pope, Queen Elizabeth and President Putin.  It really makes me laugh.  We vomit on all these people who suddenly say they are friends.  They have never seen Charlie Hebdo".  To Mr. Holtrop:  We are not your friends.  We are standing in solidarity for the horror that has just happened to France, the beheading of innocent jounalists, and all the other atrocities of terrorism around the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment